The Silent (サイレント Sairento?) is a spider-like Ethereal, one that is intangible until it attacks. Feeding off of enemy HP to replenish their own, dealing with these enemies is quite the challenge. They also can perform two different melee attacks with their legs.
Medium-sized Ethereal, Silents have eight long legs that end in claw-like points. These legs are used as weapons, and also elevate the main body off the ground, making it look larger than it really is. With very little HP, they cannot be harmed unless you interrupt their main attack, a Leech-Life ability. If you can depelete the HP of their legs, you can also attempt to attack the main, slug-like body that has smaller legs of its own. Beware of its stinger, however, as it will deal minor Poison damage with it that will last for a few seconds after the initial hit.
- Life Grasp - Raises legs from under the ground to rush at and scratch a foe, the main body concealed. Steals minor HP from an enemy before drawing the legs in, the main Ethereal appearing.
- Spiral - Levitates in air, and then spins toward enemy, legs pointed forward like daggers.
- Parasite - Latches onto an enemy and drains their HP, replenishing their own. Can only be halted by enemy attack. Intangibility period ends for a short time after this attack.
- Sting Attack - Launches stinger at the opponent to deal moderate Poison damage.
- The Silent's Ethereal Insignia surrounds its stinger, the one of the few ethereal to have the emblem as an actual part of the body, rather than a 2D mark of identification. The only other is the Probe.
- The idea for the design of the Silent's main body came from the weakest form of Unversed that is set to appear in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.